Thursday 24 March 2011

Slimming World Challenge Week 3 Results

Tonight I lost 1lb, not exactly jumping for joy but that is three losses in a row.  I didn't feel like I had lost much so it wasn't a surprise but I would like to see at least 2lb next week.  The kids are staying this weekend which is always difficult, they are really fussy eaters and it isn't worth the arguments making them eat slimming world too.  I am going to try Slimming World pizza on Saturday night then they can have regular pizza without tempting me.

I will share my results later.

I find the variation in weight loss frustrating, 1lb, 4lb then 1lb again.  Why when we stick to the plan does the amount we lose vary so much?

My other half thinks that I am always a week behind on my weight loss, so the 4lb loss was a result of the first week on the challenge, and this weeks was the result of the 80 odd syns I had on week 2.  This week was just over 70 syns so hopefully that should be somewhere between the two.

There is always the issue of hormones, If we throw them into the mix,  last week was also star week and I always lose more then.  Then there is how much you eat and drink on weigh day, I never eat exactly the same so if I haven't digested the food then it might weight heavier some weeks than others.  There is also fluid retention as a result of exercise, hormones or medication.  Then there is the clothes, I don't always wear the same thing so that can add or lose a lb. When you think about it, there is no surprise that sometimes you have an unexpected gain or lose more than you thought you would.

I was feeling a bit down about the size of the loss before I started this post, but when you put it all in perspective like that, it doesn't seem too bad.

Click here for my full food diary for the Slimming World Food Diary Lent Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...